April 6th is my father, David Wray Jr’s, birthday. My father is a precious man. If you could all spend one hour talking with him, you would know what I mean! My father is a man of wisdom and yet he is a man with a great sense of humor. My dad is very kind hearted but can also be quite firm on what he values.
I wanted to take a moment to point out the elements that make a man a wonderful father:
1. He allows you to make mistakes and loves you anyway.
2. He is consistent in what he believes and stays true to his values.
3. He shows affection often, listens well, and gives meaningful advice.
4. He prays for his children.
5. He makes time for his children.
6. He loves his children’s mother.
7. He doesn’t have a bad temper.
8. He loves to create shared memories: backpacking, fishing, vacations.
9. He has a love and trust for God that is evident in all he does.
10. He is interested in his children’s lives and does all he can to be involved.
All of these represent the father that I have been richly blessed to have. It is my hope and prayer that my life is one that exemplifies that of a “loved” daughter.
Dad, thank you for overcoming obstacles, persevering when being a father of 6 daughters must have been overwhelming, for loving our mother so well, and for leading us, ultimately, to knowing that God is loving and trustworthy.
I love you.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!! 🙂
4 thoughts on “Happy Birthday to a man I admire~~”
That’s beautifully written…..he sounds like the perfect Dad that I so wish other dads could take notes from.
Thank you Cindy~ I clearly know that I am blessed and I do not take my dad for Granted! 🙂
Hi Dianna, In all the time I’ve known you, I never realized that our Dad’s shared the same birth date! My Daddy would have been 91 yesterday, born in 1922! Celebrating his 2nd birthday in heaven – praise God! I love what you wrote, its beautiful and touching as is everything you write…;) I’m passing it on to my sister as well. I know you cherish the days you have with your parents and rightfully so, they are precious and missed when they are gone…Love you guys and miss you all so much! Blessings to you all~ Carol
Carol~~ Thanks for your sweet words–we miss you all too!! I think it’s special to know our dads share their birthdays!! who knew….. Thanks for taking time to comment! 🙂