Do you hate conflict? I sure do!! I used to run from it for many years; never expressing myself, wanting to please and appease! But I have learned two things:
1. It’s so important to address challenges/disagreements in relationships.
2. It’s so important to be willing to be humble to “not be right” in order to maintain relationships that DO matter.
In my life I am clearly aware that I have friendships/relationships that I want to, well, last forever. There are times, even in those key relationships, that there may be disagreements. How do we navigate some of those challenges without losing the friendship? Well, I am still learning.
There are times when it’s important to set boundaries on toxic or untrustworthy relationships…but there are also times when we might want to walk away from a relationship where there has been a challenge and yet, we know in our hearts we want them in our life!
Questions we can ask ourselves in these instances are these:
1. Though there may be a conflict right now, would I be saddened to lose my relationship because of our present challenge?
2. Could there be a bridge built in our relationship if I humble myself and try to understand the heart and season of my friend?
3. Can I extend grace and am I willing to move forward?
Relationships are so important, take care, wisdom, and a humble heart to navigate~~ but they are worth it!!!